Question:
Will Rugby ever become an American dominated sport?
saltinecracker09
2006-04-04 17:21:21 UTC
Will Rugby ever become an American dominated sport?
Sixteen answers:
maps512
2006-04-11 05:26:57 UTC
No. And I hope they never will. Let them stick to their ripoff games.

American Football (????why football???) is almost the same as Rugby League.
oldblues2001
2006-04-10 04:16:57 UTC
No I'm afraid they will always be a minnow in the rugby world - all the best athletes are funneled into Baseball, Football and Basketball during high school where there is little rugby available.

For U.S. rugby to have more than a freakish win over a top 10 team every 4 years, they need to start young. Most current U.S. nationals don't start playing rugby until college, and they never catch up to the skill level of the major countries.
Jennie
2006-04-09 18:05:16 UTC
No because not many people here are familiar with the sport at all. Most people have never heard of Rugby here in my school. Football is really popular here though.
2006-04-05 00:27:20 UTC
American football is a variation of Rugby and you are quite good at that, the rest of the world will never go for all that safety equipment so your super bowl will remain pretty much indigenous.
2006-04-10 22:11:25 UTC
I can't see the americans taking off their armour. And if they do they will get pummelled. The answer is simply NO. Although they may overtake Aussie in rugby in the near future.
azradio2005
2006-04-09 23:55:33 UTC
in short: no. but could you imagine if rugby was to become as popular as football in america? guys like jaamal lewis and ray lewis as centers just running over everybody? randy moss and T.O. at wingers man we would completely dominate i believe America has the best athletes around rugby just isnt popular enough which is a shame because it sure as hell is fun to play! i like playing it more than football
smlawson62
2006-04-11 08:05:58 UTC
they wont beat the mighty x2 world cup winners the wallabies but those kiwi cup chokers maybe!No but seriously if they ever get serious with rugby and start the junior game at grass-roots then yes in 10-20 years they could be awsome
maat13101
2006-04-05 00:24:34 UTC
I doubt it...because the US is way more into football and baseball and boxing...more seemingly violent sports. Rugby is something that is played at elite colleges, or by those who attended elite colleges in the states.
kruger12345
2006-04-10 07:04:37 UTC
Highly unlikely unless they introduce body armor and less tackling to rugby.
Whac
2006-04-05 00:28:29 UTC
its a doubt because really in america almost everone watches tv. And when was tha last time yo saw rugby on t.v on cable.
Chrysler_Avenger
2006-04-10 16:25:22 UTC
Yes, in about 25 years.
jg3323
2006-04-05 08:08:13 UTC
you'll never surpass football in the hearts of Americans
Oh_Gaht
2006-04-05 01:57:57 UTC
Oh I highly doubt it. Go the AB's
manuelcallirgos