Question:
Why do people like Rugby?
2008-04-23 16:10:48 UTC
First of all, they play with no padding. Great idea, let's go break a leg in rugby today shall we? They also run slow, the players are mostly skinny men who don't even weigh 100 lbs.

Why do people say it's an exciting sport? It's the opposite of exciting. And not to mention, it's a good way to get hurt badly. Some people don't have common sense or what? I don't really understand.
Nineteen answers:
19-6
2008-04-24 06:46:17 UTC
Rugbys the gayyest ****** sport out there.
LittleM
2008-04-24 13:54:33 UTC
Talk about unintelligent. Try playing sometime and research next time before you type somthing like this. The reason you don't need the padding is because you must rap when you tackle (under the shoulders) in in rugby. In football you can leave your feet, lead with a shoulder, hit high, or do whatever you have to make the tackle. That's why you need pads for football. I've played both football and rugby and am a bigger guy. Rugby by far is much better b/c if you're on the field then you're touching that ball and making tackles.
Richard W
2008-04-24 01:36:33 UTC
You could ask this question about anything and everything and you'll always get a variety of answers.

I like rugby because i think it's the most exciting sport there is and i love all the elements of rugby like tackling, running, passing, kicking, scoring. It's just such an exciting game. But some people will have views like you, that they think they're going to break a leg but that rarely happens. If you actually go to a rugby session you'll se that they teach you how to tackle so there is a very slim chance of getting really badly inuured. I mean, yeah, i've had the odd bleeding nose and thumping headache but it's all part of a really fun game!

Hope that answers your question

;]
much2muchcoffee
2008-04-24 01:36:33 UTC
Actually most rugby players average 100 kg (200 pounds) with the forwards weighing more

Also the fastest players can run the 100 meters in about 10.4 secs which is pretty fast

Thirdly it's fun to play a game where you dont have stoppages every 15 seconds like football
2008-04-24 13:32:02 UTC
first off, i don't think you really have a clue about Rugby if your calling it an Unintelligent sport.

secondly, we don't wear padding, because we don't need it ... I'm happy to get a broken rib or broken for the cause of my team, i will put my body on the line for my team mates

i play it because i love the sport, but not only that, this sport builds discipline and respect in people, and with the type of team game it is, your fellow players become your best freinds, almost like brothers, who you are willing to put your body on the line for every game

The game of Rugby is a fast paced and exciting sport, the play never stops (except for an infringement or the ball going out of play) and takes alot of skill and quick thinking, making it a challenging, and fun sport to play

and where have you got the idea that rugby Players are small from. Rugby players vary in size, from me at scrum half, 6'1" 190-200 lbs to the guys in the second row at 6'6" or 6'7" pushing on to 280lbs

you have seriosuly been misinformed about Rugby ... it is a fantastic sport :-D
socalwaz
2008-04-24 10:57:25 UTC
this is the exact type of question i would expect from someone with a rainbow in the background on their picture. you sir are an idiot

to have an opinion about something that you have absolutely no idea of is ignorant, then to broadcast you ignorance so everyone can just sit and laugh at you well thats just stupid

have been playing rugby for 15 years but love to watch american football. american football, which you talk so highly about comes from rugby. not only that, but the experts of the game, coaches and trainers, have recognized some skillsets that rugby player possess which is why i am earning a lot of money contracting out to college american footbal team to assist with training drills and skill heightening exercises

thanks for your question though mary, i got a good laugh out of it, im sure some others did too
Lachy F
2008-04-23 22:50:40 UTC
This is the most uninformed point I've ever read about rugby. To start with, most rugby players weigh 200lbs+, and the number of injuries is not much different from American football. You, my friend, are an idiot.
2008-04-23 16:31:22 UTC
Rugby IS!!! for players of different shapes and sizes. I am worried that you think it isn't..just because it is such a strange mistake to make if you have ever seen a game of rugby.
KEITH S
2008-04-24 12:12:17 UTC
rugby is much better than American football it is quicker an has very few stoppages. where are you getting your facts from habana (a very fast guy ) could qualify for the Olympic 100m sprint AND the lightest rugby player i know is over 12st. it is exciting because there is something going on all the time. it is the best sport around.
2008-04-24 03:00:35 UTC
American footballers are fat bastards that stand in a line and start hugging each other. Rugby also has players of all shapes and sizes and as for rugby players being slow:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dvb57AjBG1Q&feature=related

Rugby players are fitter and smarter than your stupid footballers who have to take a breather every 2 seconds lest their heart collapse under their own fat.
2008-04-23 17:29:59 UTC
I Like rugby cause it's a good sport to play and it's for all ages,diffrent countries,cute boys baahaha and girls can play to. they maybe skinny but they r packed with muscle mainly yeah you get hurt badly but it just makes you wanna keep playing and get revenge on the other pple if you can! i love rugby it's my sport and i love watching my brother and friends playing it!
Dropkick Murphys
2008-04-24 14:03:24 UTC
Because Rugby is a tough skillful exciting game played all over the world.

Unlike your stupid Gridiron bollocks which is played in one country by overweight geezers who are that soft they have to dress like they are riding Motocross bikes. Wimps.

When you get to be as good as us, come and talk to us then.

You've got nothing mate. And you know it. Tosser
2008-04-23 22:49:29 UTC
hell we see you guys as woosies for playing with padding.

i would not consider any the all blacks :skinny!!!

Ali William= 112 kg=246 lbs

Anton Oliver= 111 kg=224 lb

Dan Carter =91 kg=200lbs

Rodney So'oialo=107 kg=222 lbs

jesus man...100 lbs is only 45 kg...are you ******* mental????
benjo_banjo
2008-04-24 07:13:05 UTC
rugby is a game of strength endurnace if u play with paddin wats the fun in that at least with rugby u gt entertainment
quidbroquo
2008-04-23 23:06:30 UTC
Not even 100lbs? Were you watching 12 year olds play?
Run Bike
2008-04-23 16:13:53 UTC
Why do people like any sport? Why do some people like beef and some like chicken? It's just personal likes and dislikes.
RaiderNation
2008-04-23 19:47:29 UTC
Rugby sucks
2008-04-24 15:09:36 UTC