Question:
Are there any sites where one can learn the Tongan war dance, the Sipi Tau?
newzealand3333
2006-04-24 09:56:55 UTC
Tongan rugby war dance.
Four answers:
cbikego
2006-04-27 03:12:44 UTC
Here are the lyrics....

The Sipi Tau (Tongan War Dance)

'Ei e! Ei e!

Teu lea pea tala ki mamani katoa

Ko e 'ikale taki kuo halofia

Ke 'ilo 'e he sola moe taka

Koe 'aho ni teu tamate tangata

'A e haafe mo e tautua'a

Kuo hu'i hoku anga tangata

He! He! 'Ei e. Tu

Teu peluki e molo moe foueti taka

Pea ngungu mo ha loto fita'a

Keu mate ai he ko hoku loto

Ko Tonga pe mate ki he moto

'Ei e! Ei e!

English translation:

I shall speak to the whole world

The sea eagle is starved

Let the foreigner and sojourner beware

Today, destroyer of souls I am, everywhere

To the half back and the backs

I have shed my human characteristics

Maul and loose forwards I shall mow

And crunch any fierce hearts you know

I drink the ocean and consume the fire

To death or victory my will is fine

That's how Tonga gives to her motto

To her motto, Tonga gives all

To her motto, Tonga gives all

Hi! Hi!
sandlin
2016-12-31 13:37:04 UTC
Learn Tongan
2015-08-16 18:48:50 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Are there any sites where one can learn the Tongan war dance, the Sipi Tau?

Tongan rugby war dance.
?
2016-03-19 02:58:41 UTC
your best bet would honestly be to go to you tube and dancing tutorials it really helps ive been dancing for 5 years and if i need help with a move i turn to that for help. you could maybe try dance classes. if thats to pricey maybe someone you know could help you learn. also just get out there and freestyle it if it feels right then do it. my dance teacher said free style it and if you think it looks dumb it will look dumber if you do it with less confidence but if you act like you know what your doing that in itself will make you look better because confidence is part of dancin