Question:
I've heard it takes leather balls to play rugby. Is that true?
maiku
2006-03-30 15:27:15 UTC
I've heard it takes leather balls to play rugby. Is that true?
Four answers:
gatekepa
2006-03-30 20:31:42 UTC
Well it depends. If you're like Buck Shelford, ex-All Black captain, then you don't need leather balls. You just need to be able to handle having your scrotum ripped open, having a testicle hanging out and having four teeth knocked out in one ruck, then have it all stitched up and go back out and play again.

GO THE ALL BLACKS!
jswsimkins
2006-03-30 19:49:59 UTC
Nope. Check rugby ball manufacturer websites.
jh_110292
2006-03-31 22:15:42 UTC
its pretty easy to avoid it, just once youve hit the ground and u have players on top of you, curl up until the play has moved over you. ive never heard of any serious groin or testicular related injury occurring in any type of football.
barbiehow
2006-03-30 15:27:36 UTC
Yep.