Question:
What is the best Rugby helmet/head-gear for someone that really doesn't want to wear head-gear?
Can of Corn
2006-01-12 09:59:06 UTC
My buddy doesn't like head-gear but he got a cleet in the head and really should wear some protection. I want to get him a birthday gift. Any cool ideas?
Two answers:
DidYouSearch?
2006-01-12 10:11:54 UTC
Many rugby players wouldn't be caught dead in headgear, so I would be a little cautious here. A safer gift would be a roll of black electrical tape so he can tape his ears down so they don't get ripped off or tape together broken fingers.

EDIT: You could try to get him a scrum cap, but they are pretty thin and mostly protect against cuts and lacerations than concusions and the like. Some complain that it is harder to hear the calls with a scrum cap, but I don't know if that is true.
2006-01-13 18:51:13 UTC
While agreeing with the 1st answering that few in Rugby want to wear any kind of head gear, if you want to get something, here's a good suggestion:

http://www.canterburyofnz.com/default.asp?catID=11&pdID=778&pdtID=&p=1

It's IRB approved and Canterbury of NZ make many of the outfits worn by International teams today.